Samsung USB mode
You can change the USB settings so that your phone will sync, charge, etc. when connected to a computer.
1. Plug the USB cable into the phone.
2. Touch and drag the notification bar down.
3. Touch Connected as a media device.
4. Touch the desired option (e.g., Camera (PTP)).
5. The USB connection option has been changed
Both the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and UMS or MSC (USB Mass Storage) mode have similar functions that enable the transfer of files between two devices.
Both will allow you to transfer files, pictures, videos, etc.
MTP allows you to use other functions on the device while connected, supports MSDRM (Windows Media Digital Rights Management), there is no limitation on the file size to be transferred and is used on a PC only.
UMS or MSC does not allow other functionality while connected, there may be a 4Gb file size limit, it allows you to play files through a car-kit and can be used on a PC and Mac.