When trying to enter an unlock code, the message "Phone frozen" is displayed.
In this case, you will need a Freeze code (MCK code) to solve the problem of freezing the message on your phone.
MCK = DEFREEZE = Defrost - various designations for the "defrosting" code, which are necessary if you have entered an incorrect unlock code (NCK=Network Lock=PIN) by mistake and the device does not accept the correct code. This is not an unlock code - it is a so-called "reset code". After entering this code, the phone will display the message "successful" and then ask you to enter the unlock (NCK=PIN) code again.
It is important to note that Samsung phones do not have a menu where you can check the number of unlock code attempts. Therefore, if you have a used device in your hand, it is impossible to know whether unlock codes have been entered before or not.
P.S. NETWORK PUK code = freeze code.
To input the freeze code:
- Switch on the phone with an unaccepted SIM card.
- The message "Phone is frozen / SOS" appears on the screen.
- Type the unfreeze code (Nothing will show on screen)
- Press the Enter button
- The phone will ask for the Network lock code
- Enter it from your Samsung Tool software.
- The phone will be unlocked
This should successfully solve your phone freeze problem and unlock your Samsung phone to any GSM network.